Sunday, August 9, 2009

The End is Here.

I thought I would share some pictures with you to update you somewhat on the lives we've been livin'. I'll blog big in a few days but first, shots of the Big Bear and the Sequoia National Forest.

SoCal Camp :: High School

Chapel was one of my favorite parts about this camp.

Mountain Boarding


This is Tyler. He is a Freshman from Carlsbad, Ca and I stayed in his cabin. Tyler came to camp with really long red wavy hair but decided in the midst of peer pressure to earn some quick cash by shearing off a few pounds from his noggin.

Phase 1: Cutting the Mullet.


Phase 2: Realizing that it's not so bad.


Phase 2: Letting the crowd (and money) motivate him to cut more.


Phase 4: Realizing that it's all gone and so are his peers.


Central Cal Camp :: Junior High

Last week of Camp! This is the game face.

Chris and Todd attempting a potentially tipsy ride in the lake.





This is stingy nettle. At Quaker Meadow Christian Camp you learn really soon that this is not your favorite plant to pick in the meadow.


We went on a lot of hikes!





This is Giovanni. He was a junior higher that we as a band practically adopted this past week. He was our favorite kid so we took him on a hike. Gio found lots of cool stuff.







We made it.




Hiking to a river called the Garden of Eden even though we'll never really know what the real thing looked like.














It is 2am and after a long week of our last camp of the summer, I will head to bed as the this journey comes to an end. Thanks for checking in. Summaries and videos of the summer are to come! Sleep for now.

Love,
Garrett

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw yay! I'm glad you guys got to go to Garden of Eden. We were talking to some of you about that. It's so beautiful there. The climb up killed my back, though.
And you took that senior high group picture from me! But I don't mind one bit =]