Sunday, May 25, 2008

The beginning.

How is everyone? And when I say everyone... I have no clue what that means because in all honesty, I don't know if anyone checks this thing but if you're reading this, I hope you are good! 

So this has been the start of many new things the past week or so. It's the first time I get to see Point Loma during the summer. If it wasn't for the hundreds of kids running around for this Nazarene Youth Conference this weekend, Loma would be a ghost town. By the way... if you haven't been introduced to where I go to school let me take care of that for you: 


Good, now that's settled let us continue. I've been training to learn how to drive a huge freakin' bus! It's been a lot of work going through the process but once we hit the road it should be fun. The band has been practicing a ton and eating a lot of really good food. Loma definitely knows how to show a group of college kids great hospitality. It's been a blast getting to know the band. They're an amazing group of people. Not only are they hilarious to be around and mature in their faith but they shred when they play together. I'm stoked to see what sounds they make this summer. Speaking of them... let me introduce you... my friends, meet Transparent!



From Left to Right:  Lindsay, Shelby, Jordan, Me, Rachel, Mark, Justin   
              

So that's what I've been up to the last few days. Thanks for reading this thing. It'll be fun to watch it grow with stories and memories as the summer goes on. 

Peace!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Garrett! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Miss you! Africa is great

andrew said...

I'm watching your summer on here, so beware.

Praying that the summer ahead will be one of great shaping and stretching and teaching through the sets you play, the cabins you lead, the old ladies you meet at churches and even the food at Camp Pinerock.

Much peace.

--a