Friday, May 30, 2008

Practice makes perfect.

When I played sports growing up as a kid, my coaches always told the team that practice makes perfect... and if you want to take it further, my high school baseball coach used to say, "perfect practice, makes perfect." The band has been practicing none stop the last week. I've been learning how to tweak a brand new digital sound board (that by the way... I will be seeing more this summer than my parents and friends).  This sound board is my new baby, her name is Missy. Anyways... It's been really cool to hear them develop as musicians the more they play together. Meanwhile, I've been making myspaces and websites so the little campers can keep in touch with us. The myspace url is: myspace.com/transparentsmt  ... if you were wondering. 

Also, I made this website the other day for fun. 
http://web.mac.com/garrettrichardson


We got back yesterday from Upland, CA on our first journey to a High School youth group.  It was beautiful there. Our guitar player Mark and his girlfriend Shelby, who sings in the band's parents made us some of the best food. Salmon, Carne Asada, and everything else that I packed into my stomach boths nights! So, that was our first expedition out in the world. Here is a picture of the mountains from outside the church. 



This is my buddy Mark. He bought this brand new American Telecaster the other day. How sweet is this guitar? 


Well, that's pretty much all I have for you right now. Jordan and I wrote a song tonight but it's for a "special someone's" ears only. Sorry friends. We plan on writing some songs about Jesus this summer so you'll get to hear those. 

Later, 

No comments: